Maintenance is crucial in order to keep up the quality and usability of your wetpour surfaces.
Specialists in the Wetpour Maintenance industry, we have maintained over 2 million metres of surfacing nationwide across the UK.
Our expert installers can offer competitive and affordable prices and in March 2024 we are able to get costs to you in no time.
If you have an EPDM rubber safety area on your own playground, it is very important to conduct standard wetpour maintenance.
We offer a number of great Wetpour Maintenance services in East Jarrow Tyne and Wear and are more than happy in assisting you on anything you need more information on.
Why Choose Us?
Having provided many years of wetpour maintenance for various companies in East Jarrow, we have compiled plenty of experience.
We have received lots of positive reviews that projects our hard work and dedication to providing the best wetpour maintenance available.
When you read more on this page, you will be able to view the 5-star reviews compiled.
Having many years experience in this specific industry, we are able to answer all of your enquiries.
What is Wetpour Maintenance?
Wetpour maintenance is the process of keeping the safety surface clean and suitable for a long time through a series of strategies.
Wetpour is a popular choice for playgrounds, sports facilities, and other areas where impact-absorbing surfaces are needed.
Proper maintenance is essential to ensure the longevity and safety of wetpour surfaces. Here are different types of wetpour maintenance:
- Regular Cleaning:
- Sweeping: Regularly sweep the wetpour surface to remove debris, leaves, and dirt. This prevents the accumulation of materials that can degrade the surface over time.
- Pressure Washing: Use a pressure washer to clean the wetpour surface periodically. This helps remove stubborn dirt and keeps the surface looking fresh.
- Stain Removal:
- Prompt Cleaning: Deal with spills and stains promptly to prevent them from becoming permanent. Use mild detergents and a soft brush or cloth to clean the affected area.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals: Avoid using harsh chemicals or solvents, as they can damage the wetpour surface. Stick to mild cleaning agents recommended by the wetpour manufacturer.
- Patch Repairs: If there are any damaged or worn-out areas, perform patch repairs. This involves removing the damaged material and replacing it with fresh wetpour material.
- Joint Repairs: Check and repair joints to ensure that the wetpour surface remains seamless and safe.
- Top-Up and Rejuvenation:
- Top-Up: Over time, the rubber granules in the wetpour surface may wear down. Top-up the surface with additional rubber granules to maintain the required thickness and impact absorption.
- Rejuvenation: Apply a rejuvenation coating to restore the color and appearance of the wetpour surface. This can help extend the life of the surface and improve its visual appeal.
- Regular Inspections: Conduct regular inspections of the wetpour surface to identify any issues early on. Look for signs of wear, damage, or uneven surfaces.
- Depth Testing: Periodically measure the depth of the wetpour surface to ensure it meets safety standards. This is particularly important in high-traffic areas.
- UV Protection:
- Apply UV Protectant: If the wetpour surface is exposed to direct sunlight, consider applying a UV protectant to prevent color fading and degradation caused by UV rays.
- Snow and Ice Removal:
- Gentle Removal: If the wetpour surface is exposed to snow and ice, use gentle methods for removal. Avoid using sharp tools that can damage the surface.
- Training and Education:
- User Education: Educate users, maintenance staff, and cleaning crews about proper care and usage of the wetpour surface. This includes guidelines for activities and behaviors that can impact the surface.
Regular and proactive maintenance can significantly extend the life of a wetpour surface and ensure its ongoing safety and functionality.
Wetpour Maintenance Costs
The average cost of wetpour maintenance in East Jarrow will range from £250 to £3,000.
The costs of wetpour maintenance can be influenced by various factors, and understanding these effects is essential for budgeting and planning.
Here are some factors that can impact the costs of wetpour maintenance:
- Frequency of Maintenance:
- Regular maintenance, such as sweeping, cleaning, and minor repairs, is generally less expensive than infrequent or reactive maintenance. Establishing a routine maintenance schedule can help control costs.
- Type and Extent of Repairs:
- Patch repairs, top-ups, and rejuvenation coatings may incur different costs. The extent of damage or wear on the wetpour surface will determine the type and amount of repairs needed, impacting overall maintenance costs.
- Size and Location of the Area:
- Larger wetpour surfaces will naturally require more materials and labor for maintenance. Additionally, the location of the area (e.g., urban vs. rural) can affect labor costs and access for maintenance equipment.
- Quality of Installation:
- A well-installed wetpour surface may require less maintenance over time. Higher upfront costs for quality installation can potentially lead to lower long-term maintenance costs.
- Climate and Weather Conditions:
- Harsh weather conditions, such as extreme temperatures, heavy rain, or snow, can impact the wear and tear on wetpour surfaces. Areas with more challenging weather may require additional maintenance efforts and costs.
- User Behaviour:
- The type and intensity of use can affect maintenance costs. High-traffic areas or areas subjected to heavy use may experience more wear and require more frequent maintenance.
- UV Exposure:
- If the wetpour surface is exposed to direct sunlight, UV protection measures may be necessary to prevent color fading and material degradation. UV protection measures can add to the overall maintenance costs.
- Proactive vs. Reactive Maintenance:
- Proactive maintenance, where issues are addressed before they become significant problems, can be more cost-effective than reactive maintenance, which may involve more extensive repairs.
- Training and Education:
- Investing in user education and training on proper behavior and use of the wetpour surface can help prevent damage, potentially reducing the need for extensive repairs and lowering overall maintenance costs.
- Professional vs. DIY Maintenance:
- Some maintenance tasks, such as regular cleaning, can be performed by on-site staff, while more complex repairs may require professional assistance. The choice between professional and do-it-yourself (DIY) maintenance can impact costs.
- Materials Used:
- The quality of materials used in maintenance, such as rubber granules for top-ups or patch repairs, can influence costs. Using high-quality materials may have a higher upfront cost but can contribute to the longevity of the surface.
- Inflation and Market Conditions:
- Economic factors, such as inflation and fluctuations in the cost of labor and materials, can impact overall maintenance costs.
By considering these factors and implementing a proactive maintenance strategy, you can better manage the costs associated with wetpour surfaces over their lifecycle.
Benefits of Wetpour Maintenance
There are many advantages that come along with maintaining your wetpour surface in East Jarrow, here are some to mention:
- Safety Assurance:
- Impact Absorption: Wetpour surfaces are known for their impact-absorbing properties, crucial for safety in playgrounds and sports areas. Regular maintenance ensures that the surface maintains its required thickness and shock-absorbing capabilities, reducing the risk of injuries from falls.
- Longevity and Durability:
- Preventing Wear and Tear: Routine maintenance, including cleaning and minor repairs, helps prevent excessive wear and tear. This contributes to the longevity of the wetpour surface, extending its lifespan and delaying the need for major renovations.
- Appearance and Aesthetics:
- Color Retention: Wetpour surfaces can fade over time due to exposure to UV rays and weather conditions. Rejuvenation coatings and proper cleaning can help retain the color and appearance of the surface, keeping it visually appealing.
- User Satisfaction:
- Positive User Experience: Well-maintained wetpour surfaces provide a positive and enjoyable experience for users. This is especially important in recreational areas where users, such as children on playgrounds, benefit from a clean and safe play environment.
- Compliance with Safety Standards:
- Meeting Regulations: Regular inspections and maintenance help ensure that the wetpour surface continues to meet safety standards and regulations. This is crucial for compliance with safety guidelines in public spaces.
- Cost Savings:
- Preventing Major Repairs: Proactive maintenance can prevent minor issues from escalating into major problems, potentially saving on the costs of extensive repairs or replacements.
- Prevention of Tripping Hazards:
- Leveling and Repairing: Addressing uneven surfaces and repairing damaged areas helps prevent tripping hazards. This is important in areas with high foot traffic, especially in places frequented by children and the elderly.
- Weather Resistance:
- Protection Against Harsh Conditions: Wetpour surfaces can be exposed to various weather conditions. Proper maintenance, including UV protection, helps safeguard the surface against the adverse effects of sunlight, rain, and extreme temperatures.
- Reduced Environmental Impact: Regular maintenance and repairs contribute to the sustainability of the wetpour surface by reducing the need for premature replacements. This helps minimize the environmental impact associated with the disposal of old materials.
- Preservation of Play Equipment:
- Protecting Adjacent Structures: Well-maintained wetpour surfaces also contribute to the preservation of play equipment and other structures in the area by preventing water damage and minimizing wear and tear on surrounding components.
- Enhanced Property Value:
- Positive Impression: Whether in public parks or commercial spaces, well-maintained wetpour surfaces create a positive impression. This can be particularly relevant for property owners and managers looking to enhance the value and appeal of their spaces.
The list goes on! Get in touch today to find out even more reasons to have your wetpour maintenance completed in Tyne and Wear.
Why Does Wetpour Need Maintaining?
Wetpour is actually a durable rubber surface variety but sometimes restoration is essential.
Wetpour is comparatively lower maintenance area specs. Prolonged heavy use can lead to damage or surging in a few aspects of the playground flooring surfaces.
It’s essential to care for these complaints at the earliest opportunity to stop them from spreading.
Additionally, it minimizes the possibility of the region turning harmful for that young children to utilize.
What Are Some Solutions to Damaged Wetpour
- Removing a patch and filling it with an alternative colour of rubber.
- Complete restoration
- Liquid de-icer
An affected area is potentially risky and can result in travel and slips. Openings inside the surface, due to wear or vandalism must be restored without delay using our wetpour safety surfacing repair set.
When the rubberised surface thickness is eroded, then the safety surface in East Jarrow will no longer meet the needed critical fall height and really should be restored.
Our skilled group in East Jarrow sources rubberized products to help you fix minimal harm to the playground yourself and liquid de-icer which happens to be applied to the top to prevent it from turning slick in icy weather.
For more information on how we can fix your base rubber and wearing course, please get in touch now.
Wet Pour Repairs
It is very important that wetpour safety playground maintenance is completed throughout the year in order to guarantee they are endeavoring to their complete possible.
It’s crucial that present resin limited rubberized floor coverings are taken care of to the correct criteria and still match the requirements set out in the NBS Q26 360 of rubberised surfacing.
It’s vital that this surfacing is clean which is providing a consistent efficiency.
Wetpour routine maintenance is the process of providing the rubberised floors to make certain it stays in the ideal condition. A comprehensive maintenance scheme would entail:
- Trying to keep the flooring surfaces clear.
- Guaranteeing leaves, flowers, pine fine needles, and other detritus do not remain on the rubberised surfacing for virtually any time period.
- Jetwashing and hosing down the surfacing frequently.
- Removal of growing moss and existing weeds.
Cleansing the surface regularly with a light power rinse will often be enough to deter the growth of algae, unwanted weeds, and moss which are easier to avoid than to eliminate then.
Wetpour Repair Kits
If you find that there are tears in your wetpour playground surface, you will want to get these fixed as soon as possible as they can cause trip hazards.
Minor damage can be caused by play equipment, vandalism, atmospheric conditions and more.
Wetpour repair kits are a more cost effective way of dealing with a slightly damaged area on your play area surface.
Our wet pour repair kit comes complete with the EPDM rubber granules and resin binder required to fix the area. Since wetpour surfaces are not loose fill surfaces, the binder is needed to create a bonded finish.
The wet pour repair kits vary in price depending on how much material you need.
We supply repair kits in a range of colours to match your play area in East Jarrow.
If you would like to receive even more information on Wetpour Maintenance services, make sure you get in touch with us today!
EPDM Rubber Flooring
- Removing Unsightly stains – It’s significant when cleaning the rubber surfacing that boiling hot water will not be employed simply because this can occasionally damage the system. Very hot water and house soap are usually enough to thoroughly thoroughly clean the wet pour surface if however the event of gum chewing a freezing aerosol could be made use of. Stubborn stains like gas might be treated with methylated spirits.
- Chilly / Very cold Conditions – snow and ice alone will never damage the program however the application of large scrapers or inflexible metallic brushes will cause damage to the rubberised sporting study course and really should not be utilized at any time. If snow needs to be removed, it must be using a rubber scraper or light-weight bristled clean so the wetpour system is not broken.
- Unwanted weeds – Regardless how well the wet pour surface is taken care of there may be always the potential risk of unwanted weeds due to several different motives. If weeds to occur, a normally localised marijuana killer works extremely well about the rubberised floor coverings however it’s essential that this is not gas based as it can certainly problems the ground.
As well as installing rubberised flooring for play areas, we also offer you diverse specifications of polymeric activity surfaces in East Jarrow. These are good for colleges and clubs while they can be used for lots of different pursuits. Make sure you get in touch with our company using the enquiry kind and we’d be happy to speak about the price of routine maintenance and fixes for wetpour floor coverings.
We offer a number of great Wetpour Maintenance services and are more than happy in assisting you on anything from price, to dimensions, to specification.
Find More Info
Make sure you contact us today for a number of great Wetpour Maintenance services in North East.
Here are some towns we cover near East Jarrow.
, South Shields
, East Gateshead
What Others Say About Our Services
We absolutely love the service provided. Their approach is really friendly but professional. We went out to five different companies and found Wetpour Maintenance to be value for money and their service was by far the best. Thank you for your really awesome work, we will definitely be returning!
Tyne and Wear
We have used Wetpour Maintenance for many years as they are certainly the best in the UK. The attention to detail and professional setup is what makes this company our go-to company for all our work. I highly recommend the team for the immense work - we highly recommend them!
Tyne and Wear
For more information on wetpour maintenance in Tyne and Wear, fill in the contact form below to receive a free quote today.